Wednesday 5 January 2011

Week 48 - 25th November to 1st December


Well there were two main focuses of my week!!! From opposite ends of the scale.. This was the week of both FIRE & ICE

First of all on 25th November 2010.. I officially became a FIREWALKER!!!!
Yep! I did it!!! I walked across 20ft of burning hot coals and raised £203 for Yorkhill Children's Hospital. It is honestly the absolute BEST experience of my life! I am so going to be front of the line next year!!!



Unfortunately.. due to camera malfunctions and it being so damn dare.. to make the fire look better! lol I have no photos of me crossing! And the video blows... But check out my bestie Fi screaming me on!



But I loved it.. It did not feel hot, pleasantly warm.. I got the tiniest blister or "Fire Kiss"
It was the incredibly empowering feeling I had after the motovational therapy that amazed me! I felt like a giant.. Robert & Christopher and my best friend and her boyfriend like mobbed me afterwards saying how proud they were and I was like "huh? why it was nothing!"

highly recommended!!

But the BIG shock came shortly after the firewalk.... We finished at around 10.30pm, and it was cold ... REALLY COLD!! Especially when you are standing barefoot on the concrete... but as we walked down to the bus stop......

It started to snow!!!!!

This was outside our house by the time we got home about midnight


By the following day we had this...




And as my next few posts will show... then came "SnowMageddon"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez